Thursday, June 18, 2009

Finding my way.


Though it may be common assumption that life in another country is all fun and games, quite the opposite is true. Yes, this place is very, very charming, but there are plenty of aspects that are far from beautiful.

I came to Guatemala following a feeling that this is the most perfect place on Earth for me in my life right now. Do I still believe that? I can honestly say that I don´t know. And now that you are all asking yourselves, "What the hell happened?", I´m actually not going to indulge.

In order to make myself feel better about the struggle I am currently going through to find my place here, I will post some photos, yet again, probably to remind myself more than others, exactly why I am here.


Above, Juanita La Bonita, working in the field by my house.

Kristel! My oh my, Kristel. She kills me with those brown eyes. And no one on Earth has ever met a three-year-old with such amazing powers of convincing.
Kristel, Mingo and me.
Lake Atitlán, sunrise from the Indian Nose Mt.
The volcanos and me, from the Indian Nose Mountian. Hiking in the dark sucks, but so worth it when the sun comes up.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Sorry to hear of your struggles. Life everywhere definately has it's "warts" even if they are not initially or readily apparent. Keep working on it, don't give up and just keep plowing your way through it. You are a survivor!! Now, go work your magic!! I love you!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics of "your babies".

    muah!!! Can't wait to see you!

    love you
    Hojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand not indulging by telling about your trials.

    If you need anything you know how to find me; even if it's just to listen whilst you type or Skype.

    Take care Sarah Kay, even though you're isolated, you are NOT alone.

    ReplyDelete