Monday, February 1, 2010

I´ll take a #2 combo.

I have little to no originality or patience today, so this is the post you all are getting. Love it or leave it. This is honestly the name of a burger joint on a main street in downtown Bogotá. Maybe as Americans we are obsessed with strength, cause I´m sure if a place called "Wimpy" opened in USA we would enter only to read the wimpy menu, then carry on to Chipotle where the food is anything but wimpy. Wimpy would never survive. Wimpy would get bullied out of the American market by the bigger burger chains and eventually lead a life of of B-list burger fame in a secondary economy. Perhaps how it ended up in Colombia. Either that or it´s some poor sap´s last name, you know, like McDonald´s. Please give me a Wimpy combo, with cheese. I am not hungry enough today to eat a strong combo or even a regular-strength combo. And, oh, the irony; I´m pretty sure that a 1/2 lb. burger is not actually that wimpy. Probably the only place in the world where something with the name "Wimpy" is described as "spectacular!".

Traveling is hilarious. It´s absolutely a riot to see how non-English speakers use and translate English words. WIMPY for life!

Now somebody please go out and eat a blue cheese bacon burger from Racine´s for me.





1 comment:

  1. Wimpy is a character from the old Popeye cartoons. His line was always "I will gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today" Pretty sure thats where it comes from, there was a chain called Wimpy's in the US and I'm pretty sure they are still in England.FYI

    ReplyDelete