Friday, December 20, 2013

Fake pickup line.

Having been put on duty to find 100 male models for our hair show next month, I've gotten more numbers from extremely hot men in the past two weeks than I've gotten in the past two years combined.  I've got my "model goggles" on and am on the look out!  When I see someone that fits the bill, the approach goes something like this:

Me:  Hi, I'm Sarah the barber and I'm a National Educator with Floyd's Barbershops.  We have a big holiday party every year and we have a hair show during the party.  I'd love for you to come to our model call for the show.  Is that something you'd be interested in?

Potential model:  Um, (blah, blah, blah, yes, no, maybe, when is it?, etc).

Me:  Great!  Well if I could get your number and take a photo of you, then I'll be in touch with further information.  (potential models gives the digits and lets me snap a photo)

Easy as pie.  However, even though my phone is quickly filling up with phone numbers and photos of the hottest men that Denver has to offer, I intend to only contact these men for the show.  I've had a friend already suggest that I ask out one or two of the guys we've met in my model search.  I tell her that there's no way I'm going to take advantage of what I'm doing as it greatly reduces my credibility and professionalism.  Surprisingly enough, I do actually want to see all these men at our model call and am very excited to see the show we put together with these dapper gents.  Should sparks fly with any of them as we work together, then I suppose I'd be open to seeing it through.  Until then, I'll just enjoy how fun it is to approach the best looking man in the room and how easy it is to get his number.  Being a barber is THE BEST!    

No comments:

Post a Comment