Thursday, December 5, 2013

Secrets of survival.

In the coldest of all snaps that I have lived through in the last decade or so, I have finally discovered how to live with brutally cold weather.  I cannot allow the cold to touch me or get near me.  That's it.  I have to seal off 98% of my skin to the cold, and by many, many layers.  Only the eyes, nose, mouth and cheeks are exposed and even that can get rough in the single digit temps of today.  I cannot believe I'm saying it, but I quite enjoyed being outside today in Denver in the freezin' ass, fo' real cold.  I was so bundled up and separated from the frigid air that I was quite warm and comfy in my capsule of clothing.  There is a quality of newness with the cold and snow for me after being away for so long, and I find myself a bit enchanted with the weather of the last 24 hours.  But I am no fool about the weather and I know that the cold will get old if it wears on.  No bother.  For now, when I'm not toasty under a blanket at home, I seal myself off from it and get out to enjoy how beautiful and serene it looks when things get so cold and covered with perfect white snow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment