Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ten years gone.

Ten years ago this week I took a trip to Vancouver, British Columbia to pass the Thanksgiving week outside of United States, and to work through some emotional and social situations that I was dealing with in Colorado.  Little did I know that I was in for the most significant life changing experience of my adulthood.  I have written the story, it's about 25 pages long and I won't post it here at this time.  But destiny had its way with me that week and I have never been the same woman or lived the same way.  It was powerful, eye opening and put me on the path that I still follow to this day of being a traveler.  

I sometimes wonder what would have become of my life were it not for that fleeting moment when I turned from the entrance of my hotel on Granville Street and ran across the street to the Vancouver Art Gallery steps to never look back at my life before that moment.  Destiny awaited me on those steps and I intuitively ran for my life towards it.  I learned how to feel with my heart on that trip, in those few days.  I saved someone's life, and I didn't even know that's what I was doing.  In turn, my life was also changed forever.

I get quite sentimental the week of Thanksgiving every year, remembering the beautiful time I had in Vancouver, regardless of the terrifying ugliness I also witnessed.  I have extra reasons to be thankful every year because of the extraordinary life that I live as a result of my experience in Vancouver.  I can't believe it's been ten years and the tremendous things I have done in that time.  I am looking forward very much to the next ten and the ten after that, never losing sight of the moment my life was born into what it is now and to what it is continuing to mature into.  VA/BC/CA     

No comments:

Post a Comment